Jun 28, 2019
In this episode of Inside the Plan with the 401(k)
Brothers, Bill Bush and Andy Bush, advisors at Horizon
Financial Group, talk about the main fears people have of
retirement, the importance of paying down debts, and not getting
bogged down by the past and focusing on what you can do to benefit
your retirement right now.
- 0:38 – Bill Bush and Andy Bush introduce the topic of “we’re
- 1:10 – What are the major fears around retirement?
- 2:38 – When do I want to retire and what is the spending going
to look like?
- 4:25 – Some careers are less taxing on your body and your time
and can allow for a longer retirement age.
- 5:00 – Paying down debts before you retire is vital.
- 6:11 – Don’t dwell on the past that you can’t change. Make the
most of your future.
- 7:23 – What are the benefits of delaying retirement?
- 8:27 – Start saving for retirement early and never look
- 9:48 – How difficult is it to save extra?
- 12:19 – See what changes you can make to your retirement
3 Key Points:
- Increase your retirement contributions every year if that is
- The effect of delaying retirement by one year is usually
- Make the financial sacrifice now to add for a better
- “Try not to dwell on the past. But make the most of the
opportunities that are available now.” – Bill Bush.
- “All you can do is right now.” – Andy Bush.
- “Take care of the debts. The house being paid off before I
retire is certainly a goal.” – Bill Bush.
- Contact Information: