Jun 5, 2020
In this episode of Inside the Plan with the 401(k)
Brothers, Bill Bush and Andy Bush, advisors at Horizon
Financial Group, talk about the ways that our thoughts and
behaviors impact our lives, the effects of COVID-19 on savings and
spending habits, and how all of this has an effect on our 401(k)
- 00:41 – Bill Bush and Andy Bush talks about Phase 1 of the
- 02:47 – How does James Clear’s book Atomic Clear speak
to how we approach our 401(k) plans?
- 05:41 – What are the stories you tell yourself, thoughts,
beliefs, actions and the habits you live the most?
- 06:22 – The stock market is investing in companies that will be
more valuable later.
- 09:23 – What are the stats on personal savings and spending in
- 07:22 – Are there 401(k) opportunities during this COVID-19
- 13:50 – Bill Bush and Andy Bush talk about how coronavirus
impacted them personally and tightening up on spending.
- 15:30 – How do you want your savings to be put to use?
3 Key Points:
- Our internal monologues we have about ourselves guide our
- Write out your thoughts and beliefs about retirement and
- Personal savings in the United States in April 2020 hit a
historic high of 33% as spending declined by a record of 13,6% for
- “You are the average of the 5 stories you tell yourself the
most.” – Andy Bush (quote by James Clear)
- “You have to believe that what you do today is going to impact
you down the road when you do get to retirement.” – Andy Bush
- “20% of how you spend your time makes up 80% of the results.” –