Nov 6, 2020
In this episode of Inside the Plan with the 401(k)
Brothers, Bill Bush and Andy Bush, advisors at Horizon
Financial Group, talk about times and strategies to make changes in
your 401(k) plans and your retirement savings.
- 01:18 – Bill Bush and Andy Bush talk about how the change in
seasonal weather can signal other changes in your life.
- 02:11 – Is it time to change your contribution rate?
- 03:31 – New Year's resolutions are a time to reflect on your
- 05:16 – What can you do in the next 30 days to have a better
outcome in your life?
- 07:35 – Make sure you are comfortable with the risk you are
- 06:50 – Identify what makes your life meaningful instead of
just buying random things just because other people have them.
- 08:30 – Budgets are controls over you, it is you being in
control of where your money goes.
- 09:00 – Use a retirement plan calculator to see where your
goals are at currently.
- 11:20 – Unfortunately, people will spend more time planning a
two-week vacation then they will spend reviewing their
3 Key Points:
- Birthdays, especially milestones like 30, 40, and 50, are times
to make retirement changes.
- When your car is paid off, you can start reinvesting that money
that is now freed up.
- Write down your goals, make them intentional, and hold yourself
- “Anytime there is a change in temperature, change in season, it
is a change, and so you can maybe think through, ok, well is it
time to change something else in my life?” – Andy Bush
- “Is it time to change your investment philosophy if you haven’t
changed your funds in a while?” – Andy Bush
- “The last 30 days, did you do something that was instrumental
in your life or did you just kind of go about your life?.’” – Andy