Dec 18, 2020
In this episode of Inside the Plan with the 401(k)
Brothers, Bill Bush and Andy Bush, advisors at Horizon
Financial Group, talk about traditions of the holiday season at the
end of the year, the importance of making a retirement wish list,
changes that happen during retirement, and planning for the
- 01:17 – What do Bill Bush and Andy Bush think about when the
holiday eason arrives?
- 04:24 – What if you had a retirement wish book?
- 05:52 – How will you engage your time during retirement?
- 06:49 – Relationships and the people in your life take on more
important and priority during retirement.
- 08:00 – Think about your life 5-10 years ago and look at what
has happened that you planned for and didn’t plan for.
- 10:25 – Retirement planning is a balancing act between the
present and the future.
- 11:15 – Bill Bush talks about periodically view his savings
- 13:06 – What things are on Bill and Andy’s Christmas wish
3 Key Points:
- Plan a retirement wish list of accomplishments and experiences
you would like to have.
- Once you get to retirement, you want to be able to keep
- Most regrets of older people after retirement are in reference
to relationships in their lives.
- “There is something about this bucket list that is starting to
pop up for me, the wishlist if you will, of what do I want to
accomplish?” – Andy Bush
- “You don’t retire into retirement. You are retiring from
something. But you are retiring towards a purpose.” – Andy
- “Look at all of the things that we have accumulated that we
really aren’t using.” – Andy Bush