Aug 28, 2020
In this episode of Inside the Plan with the 401(k)
Brothers, Bill Bush and Andy Bush, advisors at Horizon
Financial Group, talk with Jenee Olivier, Human Resources
Director/Safety Coordinator at Sigma Engineers and Constructors in
Baton Rouge, Louisiana about 401(k) planning.
- 00:48 – Bill Bush and Andy Bush introduce Jenee Olivier.
- 01:51 – How does Jenee Olivier view her 401(k) plan?
- 03:42 – How does Sigma place importance on their employees
- 06:07 – How does Sigma look at plan design regularly?
- 06:02 – Is her company satisfied with the way that
contribution rates are looking?
- 09:42 – Who owns the 401(k)?
- 11:40 – Helping small businesses is a focus of Jenee’s.
3 Key Points:
- Think about your own 401(k) situation and ask yourself, are
your retirement goals on track and will they be enough?
- A 401(k) plan is not something you set up and forget about. It
- Jenee Olivier is consulting on the human resources side and
- “As a participant, I think the biggest thing that I look at in
terms of the plan is value and what we’re getting and ease of use.”
– Jenee Olivier
- “Each quarter we do a lunch and learn on a bunch of topics and
try and bridge that gap and take a little bit of that pressure off
of our employees, allow them the ability to ask questions in a less
formal environment.” – Jenee Olivier
- “Most of my experience has been in the HR sector and working
with small business and seeing it from a different perspective as
both an HR and an owner, and kind of making those decisions.” –